Saturday, October 27, 2012

Life is happening!


  • Approximately 1 year and 10 months since my boss said the immortal words, "We think you should pray about becoming a foster parent."
  • 1 year, 5 months, and 16 days since I first told my parents I was going to become a foster parent.
  • 7 months and 28 days since Foster Parent Orientation.
  • 5 months and 2 days since I finished Foster Parenting classes.
  • 4 months and 19 days since my Home Study.

While I was out of the country, out of phone reach, out of email reach - a message was left waiting for me on Wednesday, the 24th.  And this was waiting for me when I pulled in my drive this afternoon:



I will talk more with my licensing counselor this week about timing of taking placements - but it's for real now folks!  The State of Florida has deemed me fit.  I am praying that the Lord will equip me with everything I need to be so much more than the minimum that state requires.  Both the hardest and the greatest is ahead.

Thank you to all who have been praying with me in the journey thus far.



3 comments:

  1. Hey Abigail! Thanks for sharing your long-awaited news!!! I'll be praying for you! -Stacey

    ReplyDelete